Have your say
The draft Central Highlands Regional Growth Plan has been prepared in partnership with local government, state agencies and authorities. The Project Steering Committee invites you to provide feedback on the plan.
The plan establishes a preferred long term future for land use and development across the region. In particular it:
– establishes a vision for the growth of the region which is underpinned by 9 key principles for achieving the vision,
– identifies important economic, social and cultural resources to be preserved, maintained or developed,
– provides direction for accommodating growth and change for residential, employment, industrial, commercial, agricultural and other rural activities,
– considers the infrastructure needed to support growth and change, and
– helps streamline planning policy and provide solutions to common strategic planning issues for the region.
To find out more, or to obtain a copy of the plan and feedback form:
– visit www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/centralhighlands/rgp
– contact the project team on 5327 2842
– email CentralHighlands.RGP@dpcd.vic.gov.au
– or contact you local council
Any comments should be sent to:
Central Highlands Regional Growth Plan Project Team
Department of Planning and Community Development
111 Armstrong Street North, Ballarat, 3350.
Comments must be received by Friday 5 July 2013.