* To assist community groups to increase their focus on sustainability
* To improve the outcomes of sustainability projects
* To encourage community groups to support each other & share the available resources & expertise
* We request that projects that we work with align with our values and support our purpose.
* We will give preference to projects that will make a significant difference to the health of the planet and our community, that are sustainable and that we can make a useful contribution.
* We are keen to work with individuals, community groups, businesses, media, governments, sporting groups, schools and other learning groups.
Information we will need
* What you intend to accomplish – how & when
* Who will be involved
* What assistance would be useful
* How you would like to work with us
* Communication – including SHARE newsletter, web, media releases
* Equipment – including data projector & screen
* Connections – with Sustainability Victoria, local council, other community groups, our 500 members
* Sustainability expertise & resources
* Funding assistance – grant writing
Examples of Projects
* Daylesford Secondary School – members of SHARE worked with students and teachers to introduce Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative (AuSSI) to the school. A committee of students, staff, parents, council and community representatives has been created to oversee the programme.
* U3A – A representative from SHARE met with U3A to discuss ideas of how to create a sustainability group and spoke to a group of interested people, which initiated the U3A sustainability group.
* Relocalisation Network – SHARE lends our data projector and screen for regular film nights.
* Community Forums – SHARE worked with sustainability groups in Ballarat, Castlemaine and Bendigo to provide a Climate Action Summit for Regional Victoria.
* Hepburn Sustainable Schools – SHARE brought together a number of local schools to share experiences, ideas and resources and work together to be more sustainable.
* Daylesford Harvest Swapmeet – SHARE provides communication support.
* We are a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers with limited (and growing) capacity.